The Israel Committee organizes programs for our membership on issues of importance regarding Israel, including, but not limited to, Israel related lectures, films, presentations, informational materials and fund raising. Such activities and programming shall be aimed at increasing the awareness of the Temple Beth Am community of issues of importance to Israel and fostering a strong relationship to Israel.
For more information, contact Israel@tbala.org
Past Israel Committee Events:
- An evening with Dr. Raanan Gissin, Senior Advisor to former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
- An evening with Bret Stephens from the Wall Street Journal on the turmoil in Egypt
- An evening with Bambi Sheleg "The Chief Rabbinate v. The Jewish People."
- Israel Film Screenings:
- Yana's Friends, Broken Wings, Time of Favor, Beaufort, Live & Become, Bonjour Monsieur Shlomi, Kippur, Yossi & Jagger
- An evening with Yaakov Kirschen, creator of Dry Bones for the Jerusalem Post
- 2-part Master Teacher Series:
- Israel 2048 with Rabbi Daniel Gordis and Professor David Myers
- "Reflections on the Elections" with AIPAC
- "Ethics in the Field" with Israeli Defense Force's Colonel Ben Tzion-Gruber
- Fundraising Efforts for Table to Table during Passover
- Yom Ha'Atzmaut Israeli Independence Day Celebration on the Roof
- Israeli Dancing classes with Orly Setarah
- TBA Members attended the flag raising at the Israeli Consulate
- TBA members attended the AIPAC Conference in Washington D.C.
Information on “Leket Israel” (formerly Table-to-Table)
Israel Hunger Project
Help reduce hunger in Israel by contributing to Leket Israel (formerly Table to Table). Leket Israel addresses the paradox of poverty and large-scale food waste in Israel. Each month, the organization's staff and volunteers collect tens of thousands of meals and hundreds of tons of produce and dairy items that would otherwise be discarded and redistribute this food to 230 non profit organizations. Leket Israel has initiated the largest sandwiches for needy children project in Israel and the only agricultural gleaning project in the country. The organization makes best use of existing resources, raises awareness to the issue of food waste and encourages joint communal responsibility in addressing the growing problem of nutritional insecurity in Israel.
Click here to read more about the Israel Hunger Project.
Click here to read more about the Jaffa Institute and $1 million the Feinstein Challenge.