Social Action Holiday Party
Throw a Holiday Party for People Experiencing Homelessness!
Temple Beth Am is throwing a Holiday Party on Sunday, December 11, around noon, for people experiencing homelessness the The People Concern shelter downtown called El Puente.
There are many ways you can help!
1. Buy gifts for the residents from a list of gifts they have requested. The gift registry is HERE. You can buy the gift and wrap it yourself, or you can have it shipped to The People Concern c/o Tanya Dorff's Gift Registry Address (the address will be in the Amazon List) and volunteers will wrap it for you. If you wrap the gift yourself, please attach a note that indicates what is inside and arrange a time to drop it off with one of the party organizers, Jay Greenstein or Tanya Dorff. The gifts should be delivered by Friday, December 9.
2. Wrap presents - if we have a large number of unwrapped donated presents, we'll organize a wrapping party. Details TBD.
3. Help decorate each facility for the holidays on December 11 morning, including a Christmas tree, ornaments and other holiday decor. If you aren't free to join us on December 11, we'll take your donated decorations!
4. Donate or prepare food for around 60 people (45 residents and 15 volunteers).
5. Help serve the meal, organize festive games, perform a song if that's your thing, and socialize with the residents.
Limited space for volunteers (including children) - sign up soon! But we need a LOT of gifts!